I’m all about making life easier and this recipe does exactly just that. I stumbled upon this just in time for St. Patrick’s Day and wanted to share in time to get all of the ingredients.
Skinnytaste.com has many recipes just like this for the busy parent who still appreciates a great home cooked meal.
- 2 lbs lean corned beef brisket, all fat trimmed off
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp whole peppercorns
In a 5-6 qt crock pot, place brisket, carrots, parsnips, pearl onions, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns and 3 cups of water. Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
Add cabbage, cook on high 1 hour 20 minutes more.
Remove meat, slice and serve with mashed potatoes or for a healthy substitute, cauliflower puree.