In honor of National Popcorn Lover’s Day we want to offer you three of the best popcorn recipes we could find!
Popcorn With Brown Butter and Parmesan
- 1 3.5-ounce package microwave popcorn or 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3tablespoons grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- Pop the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Brown the butter: Melt the butter in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl or stir the butter with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle over the popcorn. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and ¼ teaspoon salt and toss well.
Marshmallow Popcorn Bars
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1/2cup popcorn kernels or one 3.5-ounce package plain microwave popcorn
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pop the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in the popcorn until coated. Press into the prepared dish and let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 24 bars.
Nutted Popcorn Recipe
- 8cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup unbalanced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 250° F. Combine the popcorn, pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, chili powder, and cinnamon on 1 or 2 large baking sheets and place in the oven to warm through.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a medium saucepan and heat to boiling. Without stirring, cook over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until the syrup turns a rich brown and a few drops of it form stiff threads in a cup of cold water. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and pour the syrup over the popcorn. Toss quickly with a spoon. Cool and break into pieces.